Have you ever had one of those “bottle the feelings” moments when you just felt like you were legit on top of the world? Like when the odds were stacked in your favor? Like you just won the lottery? Well, I’m having one of those moments, and I wanted to share it with you!
Back up though, let me preface this by saying, the moments are NOT always like this. There are so many times when I feel completely bogged down wondering if what I am doing with my life and my business is even worth it! There have been times when I second guessed myself, times where I had to pull a 180 and change EVERYTHING, times when I felt like my world was caving in. We’ve had hard times with our family, hurricanes, health scares, PTSD, anxiety, depression, deployments, and more. I know from the outside it looks like I don’t deal with stuff like this, but you can never judge a book by it’s cover. I mean you name it, it’s come our way. I feel like those are posts for another day, or maybe one day a book, but for now, I am having one of those butterflies in my soul happy moments, so let’s focus on that! I just didn’t want you to think my life was all sunshine and rainbows (don’t we all wish)!
I am sitting here living in my dream house, married to my dream husband, with the little girl I always dreamed of, a supportive family, two crazy dogs, a dream car in the garage, living in a gated community of amazing people who just lived through a hurricane together and bonded, with a gorgeous pool in my backyard, and a clubhouse across the lake with a resort pool like you would not believe. I have a team within my business that is comprised of the most beautiful and amazing people that totally get me and get our big picture vision.
On our client side, we have clients that we love who understand what we’re about, see our value, and invest in our work together. My clients hear our trainings and coaching, understand what we’re asking of them, and DO THE WORK, and they get the most incredible results! We are helping clients daily to achieve their big picture visions. Sometimes it’s not instant, but they understand the journey and we do the steps we need to to get them where they want to go. AND THEY FLY. I couldn’t be more in love with our clients and their work!
It couldn’t get much better could it?
What I had to go through to get here though… If I told you everything at once you probably just throw up, cry, and wouldn’t believe it could all happen to one person. So let’s just focus on the business part for this short blog post. I want to provide something you can take away from all of this…
I want to share what I had to do to get to this place in real terms:
• I had to examine my services and products and my audience and completely throw away what didn’t serve me and my clients… to the tune of literally chucking two entire business models that didn’t serve me or my clients, that was a decade of work!
• I leveraged my knowledge and packaged it into ways to serve the clients I loved most.
• I invested in my branding, my website, my services, and my offerings.
• I got my hair and makeup done and felt entirely awkward having Manolo Doreste yell “action!” at me to get me to laugh while he took the best photos of me I’ve ever had (shameless plug for Manolo). And really, he’ll probably have to take pictures 100x more because we always need new ones, don’t we?
• I realized I didn’t know everything I needed to know in order to get where I had to go. I hired coaches, advisors, team members, and took classes in everything I wasn’t excelling in that I needed to in order to succeed. (Yes, I’ve had coaches. YES coaches have coaches! The best of us truly understand the value in investing in our own success!)
• I did what it took to believe in myself.
• I found solutions for the challenges I was facing. EVERY TIME.
• I properly motivated myself when needed.
• I did THE WORK so that I could get where I needed to go.
• I do my very best to honor my commitments no matter how big or small in any way I can.
• I never blamed anyone but myself when things didn’t work out.
• I went back to the drawing board and took another go when needed.
• I was resourceful and found the money I needed to make things happen when I didn’t have it.
• I trusted the universe and the calling I felt in my soul.
• AND I HAVE NEVER GIVEN UP ON MYSELF AND MY VISION TO SUCCEED. No matter how hard it is, or no matter what I’m facing, even at my deepest darkest moments… I find the flame and fuel it… until it works.
It’s not always pretty. I didn’t always have my “dream life” and sometimes I still have bad days… and months that aren’t as great as I wanted… but I invest in making the changes I needed to whenever possible, in any way I can.
So, if you’re out there wondering, when the HECK is it all going to come together for me? Why is running a business so hard? Trust me I have been there over and over again. I was there last Friday when I felt the world was caving in again, BUT… I kept chugging along doing what I knew I had to be done to make it happen. Slowly but surely I got back to being on top of the world again. I wish I could stay in this moment, but I know there are more challenges to face, and I’m ready when they come our way.
When you take a moment and zoom out and look at where you are compared to last year… hopefully you’re in a better position. Hopefully you’re learning the lessons you’re needing to, hopefully you’re leveraging your knowledge and making changes. Hopefully you’re growing when you need to grow. Hopefully you’re recognizing when you need work and finding someone who can help you get there. Hopefully you’re investing yourself and believing you can accomplish what you need to.
And listen, if you’re not, and let’s say you’re even in a dark moment: find someone that can help you get where you need to go. Find a coach, a friend, a mentor… Find and do what you need to do to get where you want to go.
For everyone who’s supported me on this glorious journey, sending you so much love right back. I’m looking forward to next year and everything that comes along with it!
Would you like to be “living the dream too?” Join us at our next